Quoinsettta Franklin Physical Therapy Scholarship
The recipient must be an African American student currently pursuing a degree in Physical Therapy in the state of Mississippi.
The recipient of this scholarship will receive a $1,000 scholarship paid directly to the junior college or university of his/her choice.
Applicants will be required to submit a 2-4 minute video presentation answering the following question.
Physical Therapy has once been described as a way to increase patients' quality of life and function. If you had the opportunity to change one thing to increase the quality of life for the people in Mississippi what would it be? Why?
Please include the following in your response:
- Introduction. Tell us your name, where you are from, your current high school, and where you plan to attend college.
- Response. Physical Therapy has once been described as a way to increase patients' quality of life and function. If you had the opportunity to change one thing to increase the quality of life for the people in Mississippi what would it be? Why?
- Personal. What challenges, issues or causes would be your priority?
- Lessons. What do you hope to achieve and why is it important to achieve these goals?
- Benefits. Discuss who your plan will affect and why it is important that these people are affected?
- Closing. What do you expect to gain from this experience, personally and/or professionally?
Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA; must submit school transcript when applicable.
- Try to restate the questions in your response.
- Remember posture is important.
- Record your video with appropriate lighting using a neutral background.
- Pick a quiet area.
- Dress appropriately.
- Your final submission should be free of grammatical errors.